Benefits of being ‘online’
OTISS is an online, secure website based on a geospatial information systems (GIS) database. The website works with all modern web browsers and is accessible via your internet, broadband and 3G/4G connection. Data held on OTISS is fully and securely backed up on our servers.
There are many advantages to this approach.
- Teamwork within your organisation
- Working with consultants and contractors
- Let us do the IT!
1. Teamwork within your organisation
Estate management is often a team effort. Depending on the nature of your organisation, the team could include; facilities manager, administration, groundsmen, caretakers, supervisors; and possibly senior management, head teachers, governors, trustees, etc.
- PC based applications are not good for sharing data.
- Many ‘multi-user’ applications typically only work on certain configured or licensed PCs. It can become a real hassle when you ‘just need to check something‘ but are away from your desk.
- The spreadsheets and reports you circulate will quickly become out of date.
Web-based systems are recognised as the most effective means of delivering a multi-site, multi-user solution.
- OTISS allows authorised users to have access to your maps, data and photos. You decide what level of access is given to each user.
- Use from any PC, MAC, laptop, tablet or phone that has a web browser.
- All users have instant access to the data they are authorised to see – and its always up-to-date!
2. Working with consultants and contractors
Most organisations work with outside consultants and contractors – either on a project by project basis or as a longer term partnership. Effective co-operation depends on good communication and sharing of data.
- The maps, spreadsheets and work sheets you circulate will quickly become out of date.
- Over the years, you have used different consultants and contractors, and they have supplied variously formatted results and reports. How do you get a consistent set of data to guide your estate management?
- How do you get the photos and data they collect into your system and under your control? Yes, it can be done – but is it good enough?
Internet web-based solutions are ideal for working with partners.
- Under your control, other OTISS users can be given access to all or part of your estate. You can provide access on a per-site basis: either for view-only, for update or for re-inspections.
- You don’t need to provide printed maps and records – its all online for authorised users to see.
- Your agents and contractors can directly create/update inspection, add photos and work records. You (and they) don’t waste time on unnecessary data entry.
- Share other documents and reports via OTISS online storage.
3. Let us do the IT!
With an internet based solution, you focus on with the job of managing your estate.
- There is no need to install and maintain expensive software on your PCs or servers.
- There are no upgrades for you to carry out. A real hassle with some multi-user applications.
- You are not relying on a single PC where all the data is stored.
- There are no licence keys or CDs to keep safe.
- There are no data backups to do.