Arboricultural Students & Colleges
Many Forestry and Arboriculture courses include units on Tree Inspection, Risk Assessment and BS5837. OTISS can be integrated into the teaching programme to provide a low cost, web-based system suitable for students to gain experience of using modern Tree Survey software systems.
|Students are required to gain |
skills and experience in …
|OTISS supports both tuition and assessment|
| || |
Free For Students
- Are you currently attending a Forestry or Arboricultural course?
- Would you like access to state-of-the art technology for your coursework?
OTISS is available free to individual students, who can register independently for as an Arboricultural Consultant for 30 day free trial. If you want to continue using OTISS after this period, please contact us and we can provide a free, year long subscription to use all the OTISS inspection, mapping and reporting features. We will ask for some proof that you are on an arboricultural course, or are using a valid .ac.uk email address.
For Course Supervisors
We believe that OTISS can be used in many ways to benefit educational establishments.
- As a tuition system to demonstrate the information that is required for tree surveys and how that information needs to be captured and reported upon.
- As an assessment mechanism – have your students accurately recorded the correct information? Have they correctly identified conditions, targets, hazards, risks for Tree Safety. Have they correctly measured and plotted the trees (Development Planning / BS5837)? Have they prepared as suitable report?
- As a technology demonstrator to show how modern technology can be used in the industry to simplify the capture of data and production of reports.
Our educational package allows two ways of working. The supervisor decides which approach to use for each assignment.
- Individual Assignments: Students can work completely, independently on their own assignments or private projects. The course supervisor(s) can have online access to view the student’s survey data so that they can help and guide the student as required.
- Shared Assignments: Students can collaborate on a survey to inspect trees on the college campus(es). Students can view each other’s work, but each student’s contribution is attributed with their name. This approach has the added advantage of building an inventory of the college’s tree stock and of maintaining an audit trial of inspections.
We provide discounts for educational establishments, so please contact us to discuss how OTISS could become part of your course.
Forestry and Arboriculture Courses
OTISS can be used to enhance the teaching and learning experience for a wide range of courses, including:-
- City & Guilds Technicals: Relevant units in Forestry, Arboriculture.
- LANTRA: Professional and Basic Tree Survey and Inspection, PTI Level 1 and 3.