Both the Tree Survey and Estate Survey Android™ app provides on-site data collection for Furniture Surveys. The app works as part of the OTISS software system to sync maps and inspection data with the secure website. The website is used to view, update and process the survey data, and to generate reports and CAD drawings.
When you create a new field asset or item of furniture, or re-survey and existing item, then you are presented with the Furniture Inspection form. This form allows you to fill in the furniture inspection data.
- Pressing the Type button presents you with a list of furniture types. Use the Not identified type if you are not sure. If the furniture type you require is not in the list, use the type Other and use the SubType field. Please let us know so we can update our furniture database.
- The SubType field allows for further distinctions to be recorded (if required). Enter some text or select from the dropdown list.
Each item’s Shape field is used to change the map representation. Choose between; point, line or polygon shapes. Simply select a new shape and press SAVE to change the shape. On the map, the Move and Re-shape tools are used to postion and draw the shapes you require.
The Description, Inscription, Survey Notes and Recommendation fields allow for free text entry.
Below each field there is another button that allows you to quickly enter commonly used sentences and phrases that can then be modified to suit this particular inspection.
You can show/hide many of the survey fields and customise the values in various dropdown lists
on the Furniture page of the website. Any changes will be downloaded to the app when you next Sync the survey.
- Save (or Back button) all the changes made so far and return to the map.
- Cancel any changes made so far and return to the map.
- Delete this inspection. If this item was previously recorded as part of another survey, then the item will still appear on the map as an Amber coloured icon – you cannot delete the item. If this was a new item, then the icon will disappear from the map.
- The font size can be changed using the Settings icon. The smaller sized fonts are suitable for phones, whereas the larger font sizes are best suited to tablets.