All Android phones and tablets provide features that can be used with the OTISS Survey apps.
- Screen Brightness. Usually as bright as possible when used outdoors in suuny weather.
- Set the the Location/GPS to High accuracy.
- Many users disable the Auto Screen Rotate feature when using OTISS.
All of the BS5837Survey, Tree Survey, Path Survey and Asset Survey Android™ applications provide some configuration.
- On the Settings page, the font size can be changed to suit the make/model of phone of tablet that you are using.
- On the Settings page, the map icon size, map labels, map tool icon size, can be changed as required.
- On the Settings page, the format of the grid references can be selected
- All the different survey types include sets of user defined fields that can be customised (or omitted) to suit your requirments. All these forms and fields are configured on the OTISS website and automatically downloaded when you sync the surveys to your mobile phone or tablet. Currently, there is no means to configure these on the mobile apps.